Welcome to Gnosis - the premier database solution for socially conscious organizations.
This is the place to start learning the basics of the Gnosis system. We'll guide you through a few videos and a handful of articles that will introduce you to the basics of the system. Let's dive in!
For a full description of how to get the Gnosis Pro Client software installed on your computer, please refer to this article: Installing Gnosis Pro.
To log in to Gnosis the first time, your administrator must provide you with a username and password. If the Gnosis installed on your PC has not been previously used, you will also need the Acronym/Short Code that Gnosis uses to refer to your organization. For full details, please see Logging In to Gnosis.
Getting Familiar with Gnosis
First, we recommend that you start with the 30-minute video that covers the basics of the system. Once you have completed this video, move on to reviewing the remainder of the articles in this section (NOTE: each article below has a "Next" link at the bottom, so you can step through these one at a time):
- Getting Started with Gnosis (30-minute video)
- Logging in with Two Factor Authentication (2FA) Enabled (if used by your organization)
- Person & Organization Tabs Layout
- Household Basics - Primary Household, Name and Salutation, Head of Household, Preferred Name
- Persons with Multiple Household Records
- Record Linking (Households, Relationships, Organizations)
- Best Practices for Creating New Person Records
- Record Type & Status Definitions
- What do those colors on email and phone numbers mean? (Invalid Email)
- Record Review Best Practices
- Searching For Person & Organization Profiles
- Deleting, Erasing & Merging
- Person Merge - Merging Duplicate Person Records
- Login to Website as a Person
- Updating Person Records to Deceased
- Merging Duplicate Organization Records
- Updating Gnosis Pro
Administrator Getting Started Topics
If you are also responsible for the administration of your Gnosis system, the following lessons should also be mastered once you are familiar with the basic system: