Gnosis Pro only needs to be installed once. It automatically updates itself when required and under normal circumstances, you should never have to reinstall or update it manually.
To run well, Gnosis requires a computer with at least the following specifications:
- Windows 8.1 or later
- Intel i5 or equivalent processor
- 8 GB or more of RAM
- Available 100 Mb of disk space.
NOTE: If you are an I.T. Support person, please take special note of the bolded text below
- Download the current version of Gnosis Pro here.
- Once downloaded, save it to your downloads folder or some other location on your hard drive that you can easily locate later.
Note: If you download Gnosis using the Microsoft Edge browser, see additional steps here.
- Once the download has been completed, double-click on the file to open the installer. If your Windows account does not have permission to install software, you will be prompted to enter an administrator password at this point.
- After opening the Gnosis installer file that you downloaded, accept the defaults for all installer questions, press next then finish buttons to install the software.
- While still logged in to the computer with the Windows account used to install Gnosis Pro, you will need to configure Gnosis Pro to use your organization's database. Double-click on the Gnosis icon to reach the login screen and enter the following settings on the login screen:
- Click on the "New" profile button
- Enter a profile name (such as your organization name or acronym)
- Enter your Organization ID provided to you with your subscription.
- Finally, enter your username and password to log in to Gnosis.
Special Note for IT Support Personnel: You must log in to Gnosis the first time while logged in to the same windows account as you used to install the application, so, if you logged in to windows as an administrator to install, make sure you log into Gnosis before changing to another Windows account.
- If this is the first time you have installed Gnosis and you are new to the system, please view the "Getting Started" video at your earliest convenience.