The Gnosis Pro runs under a Microsoft Windows environment on a Mac computer.
To facilitate this, Gnosis uses one of three available products to allow Windows programs to run on your Mac. This allows you to run any Windows based software concurrently with Mac based software.
The three available products that enable this concurrent co-existence of Mac-OS and Windows are:
For Intel Based Mac’s
- VMWare’s Fusion for Mac - http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion (Our Recommendation)
- Parallels Desktop for Mac - http://www.parallels.com
For PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 Mac’s
- Microsoft’s Virtual PC for Mac - http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx
Implementation Process & References
Connect4 recommends VMWare’s Fusion product for most situations where you do not already have one of the above products running. You can purchase VMWare’s Fusion product here.
Note the Mac system requirements (for Fusion 8):
- Any 64-bit capable Intel® Mac. (Compatible with Core 2 Duo, Xeon, i3, i5, i7 processors or better)
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later; OS X El Capitan recommended
A 5 minute video providing an overview of the windows install process is available here.
Note: You will need to obtain an ISO file Windows 10 installer using a different windows computer and then copy it to the mac using a thumb drive or network. A tool called Windows “Media Creation Tool” that is used to download the ISO image of Windows installer is available here.
The process is fairly “techie”. So we recommend you have a PC support or technically knowledgeable person perform the install.
Once your windows environment has been installed on your Mac, you may then install Gnosis using the standard process for installation as described for PC’s.\
See also: Installing Gnosis Pro